Thursday, October 17, 2019 / by Elizabeth Sorensen
Would you like to know a trick you can use to sell your home faster and for a higher price? Of course! Who wouldn’t? When you put your home on the market, you want it to sell quickly—and profitably. One trick that I share with my sellers is quite simple but has a huge pay-off and that is scheduling a home inspection before you list.
There are many benefits of having your home inspected before you start showing it to potential buyers. Scheduling a home inspection before you put your home on the market gives you a heads-up on any necessary repairs that could lower your home’s selling price (or kill the sale entirely). You don’t want to give the buyer’s any reason to try and work you down in the price or ask for a huge laundry list after they do their inspection. Knowing what’s wrong with your home, before you list, gives you extra time to find the right team and schedule repairs (instead of scrambling at the last minute to find anyone who can take ...
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
1. First impressions are paramount if you want to sell your home. You want to get the potential buyer in the door. You don’t want to them to drive up to the curb and then just drive off because the first impression was not the best.
So, what should a seller do? Make sure your curb appeal is great. Clean the walkway and the porch. Put a potted plant by the front door. Make sure the front door is clean, freshly paint it if needed, maybe a pop of color. If there is room for a chair or two and a little table add them. Make the home look inviting. Make sure that your yard is manicured, pathways are clear and everything is looking spiffy.
2. The entry way is the first thing the potential buyer will encounter as they enter. Make sure it is free from clutter an ...
Saturday, April 27, 2019 / by Connie Tracy
Even though you may not have the large backyard, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy entertaining outdoors. Make the most of your patio and turn it into a paradise. Here are some tips for how to decorate small spaces for outdoor entertaining.
* Arrange the furniture the right way:
The best way to maximize space is to arrange your furniture around the perimeter of deck or patio. Think twice before placing a table in the center, and instead give your guests plenty of room to stand or move around.
* Add extra seating with large pillows:
Get a few extra spots for guests to sit without taking up too much space by throwing in some large floor pillows. They add an extra element of coziness. Plus they're easy to add or subtract.
* Use color wisely:
Color can make all the difference when decorating, especially in such a small space. Keep things fresh and airy by sticking to a neutral palette in whites or grays. You can even add a bit of pop with some eye-catching patterns a ...
Monday, April 22, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
Home selling Mistakes.
What to avoid when selling your home.
1. You hired a real estate agent and told them what to price the home at. If your agent quickly agrees to a price you recommend without doing their homework you may be setting yourself up for failure. A good agent will do their homework and provide comps of similar homes to come up with true market value. Over pricing can cause your home to sit on the market and in the end, you will most likely get less than market value. It is key to price your home correctly. Your agent should be honest and upfront with you.
2. Your agent didn’t advise you on how the home selling process works. You should know the process before listing. Ask questions, be sure of what to expect. After all nobody likes unwanted surprises. Your agent should educate you on what to expect and give you an idea of how things should go.
3. Yo ...
Monday, April 22, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
Would you like to sell your home quickly? Are you anxious to purchase your next home? Do you want your home to stand out from your competition?
Here are some tips that can help you sell your home quickly.
1. Home staging. Did you know that homes that are staged properly sell 90% faster than homes that are not staged. This doesn’t mean you have to move all your furniture out and have furniture brought in unless it is vacant. If you hire a great real estate agent, they will be able to advise you of what furniture to remove and what should stay in the home. They will help you by advising where to place the furniture in each room. They will also advise you on how to get the home ready to sell.
2. Clean clean clean. How will the buyer feel the moment they come into your home? It is imperative that your home is very clean. This means that the home should be scrubbed and clean. Everything from bathr ...