Thursday, February 7, 2019 / by Doreen Huntoon
In the world of technology, the internet makes it easy for you to sell your home without hiring a Real Estate Professional. However, I would like to share with you several reason why you should hire a professional when selling your home.
Whether you are a first-time home seller or an experienced home seller, selling your home can be extremely stressful. Hiring a licensed professional with help make selling your home go much smoother. Here are some of the reasons to Hire a Real Estate agent.
· Education and experience – A Licensed Realtor understands the mounds of paperwork and can explain all the moving parts to selling your home.
· Saves time – A Realtor with conduct all the showings, do all open houses which will free up your weekends to enjoy.
· Negotiation – An experienced Licensed Realtor with have the negotiating skills to bring you the best possible offer to get your home sold as quickly as possible and at the best possible price.
· Business Contacts: A Realtor will have contacts such as home inspectors, landscapers, closing attorneys, title companies and has access to all the other Realtor’s in the area that just might have a buyer for your home.
· Your best interest: Your Realtor will have your best interest at heart. They will be able to make sure that you aren’t being taken advantage of during the inspection process, Market your home to an array of people and websites.
· Professional Photographer – A Realtor will hire a professional photographer to take pictures of your house and showcase it in the best possible light.
· The Market – An expert will know the market and when the best time to sell your home is and at what price.
Most Real Estate agents have many tools to help you sell your home. The Multiple Listing Service is a tool that agents need to be a member of to list your home on so that other agents see it right away and consumers can see it on other internet sites such as Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com.
Some other questions you probably have are, how much does a Realtor get paid to sell my home? Well an agent’s commission is always negotiable. Remember the saying “You get what you pay for”? If you want to get your home sold quickly for as much as possible, if you want someone to protect you during the inspection process? If you want to relax in an otherwise stressful situation, then hire a professional!
A Licensed Realtor is bound by a certain Code of Ethics. So, when you are in the process of hiring a licensed Realtor to represent you, make sure to ask a lot of questions. Here are a few to ask:1. How are you going to market my home?
2. How are you different than other agents?
3. Are you familiar with my neighborhood?
4. How much time will you have to work on the sale of my home?
5. Can you provide references and/or testimonials?
I hope this blog about Hiring a Real Estate Broker to sell your home helps answer some of your questions. I’m always available for any additional questions you might have.