Friday, November 1, 2019 / by Connie Tracy
Deciding to sell your home can be a roller coaster of emotions- exciting, stressful, chaotic, and demanding. As you are preparing to sell your hoe it's important to hire a Spokane Realtor that can navigate you through this process- relatively stress free. Here's a checklist to help you get started:
- Hire an agent- Contact a Spokane Real Estate agent that you click with and make sure you are comfortable around them, feel like they are listening to you, that will work for you. This can be a long process look for someone that will serve your best interests. How do you find the right agent? Ask friends, family and co-workers for referrals, review agent websites and sitting down in a face-to-face interview.
- Pick a competitive listing price that supports the market- Before picking a random number out of the sky. Make sure your agent actually comes to your home and does a walk thru. Without this important step, your home won't be priced correctly. How will they know that you make updates without seeing it first.
- Get a market analysis of the homes that maybe similar to yours- this will include sold homes in the past 6 months, all pending homes, and active listings. Your agent will be able to recommend the best possible listing price to help your property sell within a reasonable amount of time.
- Create a marketing plan- your Spokane agent will present you with a marketing strategy, such as listing on the MLS, hosting Open-houses, and sending out targeted campaigns. Even though you have hired an agent, this is a team effort. Sellers should participate in the marketing process, such as having professional photos and virtual tours, and of course, tap into your personal networks including social media to find interested buyers.
- Give your property a needed makeover- you may not see anything that needs to be changed in your home, however, potential buyers will be looking for fresh updates. Spend time preparing your home for listing by doing a deep cleaning, painting the interior... nothing says "buy me" more that a new coat of paint. Be sure to de-clutter your home and remove overly personalized items and most importantly, get rid of pet odors!
- Prepare for open houses and showings- work with your agent to prepare for the upcoming open houses and showings. Keep the house tidy.