Monday, November 4, 2019 / by Connie Tracy
If you are looking to do some updates around the house before you list your home, start with the laundry room. Buyers are looking for updated and energy efficient appliances and tons of space for storage.
Here are some of the TOP FEATURES that buyers want when deciding to purchase a home:
- Open Concept is still a feature many buyers look for. They want to entertain and not be compartmentalized while the big game is on the TV. Newer homes offer spacious flowing floor plans and high ceilings that older homes don't provide.
- Smaller homes are becoming a trend due to the fact that HUGE homes are expensive to heat, cool, and maintain. The wide array of newer homes allow for different sizes and floor plans.
- Outdoor living spaces are on the must -haves list for home buyers. The outdoor kitchens, fireplaces, and areas to enjoy the longer summer days and evenings. At the very least, an area for a fire pit is desirable. Who doesn't love to roast dinners on open fires? Come on over and we will have some smores!
- Modern kitchens are the the heart of every home. This is where everyone congregates and is the focal point. Is it any wonder that buyers want a beautiful updated kitchen? They want the latest and greatest design, cabinets, flooring, counter tops, and lighting- and of course, the top-of-the-line appliances.
- Going Green has become important to home buyers. Hands down, new homes are winning here, too! The Home Energy Rating Systems rating is important, too. The lower the score, the more efficient your home will be. More and more, you will see electric car set ups in the garages, more energy efficient appliances throughout the home, and fixtures, too.
- Double car garages and space for storage and toys are in demand. If there is a shop on the property, this is GOLD!