Wednesday, November 20, 2019 / by Dixie Simon
Selling your home is a lot of work. But if you are moving to get closer to grandbabies, that move becomes an ant-hill, not a mountain. If you are moving because you are getting a divorce, too soon and too fast are not in your vocabulary. Let’s work together to get it done NOW-damn it! Motivation is key. Nothing is too big or small if you DECIDE that this is what you want to do. So, in thinking about selling your home, there are a few "top-of-mind" items I like to share with my clients.
- Why: We have already discussed why. Without this, there is no reason to go forward. You must know your why and you have to really care about that WHY.
- When: When do you want to sell. When are you needing to be at that next job? When do you need to be by the grandbabies? When is your divorce final? You do not decide today and go on the market tomorrow. It is a process in which we are very good at if... we know your Why and When because; that brings us to ...
- How: This is where we can really shine for you. How can we help you get your home show-ready? How do we do our comps differently to come up with true market value? How will we market your home? How do we review offers, do open houses, keep you informed, etc? These are all great questions that we have answers and actions for. How we do Haven is by Helping you with your how.
- There are also the “How” questions pertaining to the physical move itself. Are you moving close, across the country, what? Do you need a storage unit, a few buddies with pickups, a pod, or an international shipping container? And of course, all of this depends on just that...
- Where: Where are you moving to? Wherever you are moving to is where we actually begin on the journey. Just like everything else in life whether it is baking cookies, grilling steaks, building a home, whatever, you always begin with the end in mind, and go back and work the process to make it happen.
If you would like to know more about how to develop a plan of action, how to strategize your move and everything pertaining to it, Call Me.
I love the journey start to finish and I've coached many people including myself and family through this process and we still love each other. Of course, loving each other isn't going to work for you out there doing this for the Divorce, but hey, why make it worse than it is. There can be good even in the hard times in life.
I can help! 509-385-4441