Monday, April 29, 2019 / by Jody Lee
You might be thinking, “Why would I ever spring clean my home if I’m about to move?” But having a sparkling, squeaky-clean space is key to providing homebuyers with as much value as possible!If you’re putting your home on the market this spring, make sure you take the time to tackle these critical spring cleaning tasks for home sellers.
All the Dirty Details, There are several areas that get neglected or forgotten when you live in your home.
- The heat registers! Remove them to clean them and vacuum the ductwork. You may even find an earing or lego!
- Clean all light switches and outlet covers. If they are broken or discolored replace them.
- Clean Doors interior and exterior, make sure to scrub handles and wipe down the outer frames, dust collects everywhere. Make any repairs needed too! You don’t want anyone having problems opening, closing or locking any of the doors.
- Sliders and windows. Clean all the glass thoroughly, and clean all tracks. You don’t want grime or a dead bug laying in those openings.
- Wipe down all trim, window sills, railings and mantles.
- Clean ceiling vents, such as the ones in the bathrooms and laundry rooms. They collect dust, take them down and wash them!
- Dust and clean light fixtures and ceiling fans. Take the glass covers down and give them a good scrubbing with water soap and water, and replacing burned out light bulbs. Dust lampshades, those are always forgotten!
- Dust, wash, dry-clean drapery or blinds. You will want all windows coverings open to let as much light in but you also want those beautiful drapes framing those windows to be crisp and clean!
I am always reminding you to declutter and pack up half your things, but it matters! Clean the inside of the fridge, stove, and microwave, people will look! And spruce up those closets (linen and coat) make them look big and easy to use with removing some items and packing them away and organizing what you leave. Pretend you're staging your storage options and make them appealing!
When you’re selling your home, you want to do whatever it takes to make it seem as new (and as valuable!) as possible. So, take care of the little things, buyers will notice and think you have taken great care of the big things that they can’t see! Now that is all done, go get a few new colorful bright throw pillows, and possibly a couple of new accessories to refresh your decor. You are now ready to sell your house!
If your ready to sell, or would like more information on how to get your home ready, I am here to help.