I can't believe it's almost April. Time sure does go fast! If you are thinking of selling your home, now is the perfect time for spring cleaning. Here in Spokane we still have a little snow lingering around but you can get started on the inside of your house and if you can see your yard, now is a great time to clean up all the surprises that our wonderful fury friends left us all winter.
Cleaning, organizing and decluttering are the first steps in spring cleaning. Here are some spring cleaning tips:
1. Have your carpets professionally cleaned - Clean carpets with eliminate odors and make them look new(er)
2. Open the windows and let some fresh air in. - Their is nothing better than the smell of spring air
3. Deep clean bathrooms and kitchen - Including cupboards, trim, light fixtures
4. Wipe down the walls and around light switches
5. Wipe down all the door knobs
6. Clean your windows inside and out
7. Change light bulbs so that your house is nice and bright for showings
8. Change your furnace filter
Potential buyers that will be looking at your home don't want to walk into a smelly, dirty home, if you don't like to deep clean/spring clean, then hire a professional cleaner to come in and do it for you.
Other things to do to get your home ready to show to potential buyers is to de-personalize your home. Take down any personal photos and items that are unique to your family.
Make each room look larger by decluttering. Potential buyers will also look in all closets and cupboards so make sure they are clean and tidy, nobody wants to look at someone elses clutter.
As for the outside of your house, there is probably more work than you think. Here are some tips on cleaning the yard and outside of your home that will give it some great curb appeal.
1. Like I said before- Clean all the dog poop out of your yard, not only will your neighbors appreciate it but so will potential buyers
2. Sweep off your roof of all pine needles and if you have moss, make sure to get that cleaned as well.
3. Clean out all gutters of pine needles and debris
4. Power wash porches, patios, decks, siding and garages. If you have cedar siding be careful of power washing. Too much force can ruin the wood.
5. If you don't have any plants or flowers, plant some and give your home some color on the outside
6. Trim back overgrown shrubs and trees away from the house
7. Make sure all outside lights are working
8. If you have a water feature or pond, make sure that is clean as well.
Use these spring cleaning tips to prep your home for a fast, sale. And when you’re ready to Put your home on the market and buy that next property? Contact Doreen Huntoon