Monday, January 21, 2019 / by Nicolette Samash
If you are considering selling your home with waterfront access, there are a couple marketing techniques that can play in your advantage that are important to be aware of. Buyers searching for waterfront property are often looking to buy into the lifestyle and the “setting” just as much as they are looking at the quality of the home. That’s why it’s important to keep in mind the differences in marketing your listing effectively, and ways that you can make it more visible and more appealing to those on the market.
- Just like other listings, pricing right from the beginning is going to do most of your marketing for you.
- Stage the outside of the home as well as the inside. Set up patio furniture or a grill, pick up any debris or trash at the shoreline. Landscaping is important in the sale of a regular home, but to a home on the water it’s even more important to help sell the image of a beachfront lifestyle.
- If there is a lot of water traffic, put up signs on the waterfront as well. Take into consideration how the home appears from the water. Clean this up as much as possible.
- Get high quality photos as well as aerial photos and pictures of the view from the house, the beach access, boat dock, and landscaping.
- Consider offering boat tours of the water or hosting a broker party instead of or in addition to having a standard open house.
- Are there are trees or shrubbery blocking a clear view of the water? If so, consider trimming to allow the best view from the house possible.
- Verbiage by your real estate agent for the listing is going to be very important. It should sell the whole s
cene and not just talk about the house, use a lot of imagery and suggestions for utilizing the different aspects of the property.
These are just a few suggestions, but as always it will be important to have a real estate agent walk through your home and give specific advice based on your situation.