Monday, April 22, 2019 / by Pamela Glende
Would you like to sell your home quickly? Are you anxious to purchase your next home? Do you want your home to stand out from your competition?
Here are some tips that can help you sell your home quickly.
1. Home staging. Did you know that homes that are staged properly sell 90% faster than homes that are not staged. This doesn’t mean you have to move all your furniture out and have furniture brought in unless it is vacant. If you hire a great real estate agent, they will be able to advise you of what furniture to remove and what should stay in the home. They will help you by advising where to place the furniture in each room. They will also advise you on how to get the home ready to sell.
2. Clean clean clean. How will the buyer feel the moment they come into your home? It is imperative that your home is very clean. This means that the home should be scrubbed and clean. Everything from bathrooms, countertops, floors, walls and windows. Don’t forget to clean those blinds and ceiling fans. Light fixtures and baseboard too. Clean out the refrigerator, oven and don’t forget to clean the closets. Try taking out as much clothing as possible and what is left make sure it is organized. Closet space is important so if your closets are packed full the buyer will think there is not enough storage space in the home.
3. Set the table. Nothing represents family quite like an inviting dinner table. Consider setting the table with nice linens, silverware and beautiful plates and dinner glasses. Don’t go overboard but make it as inviting as possible. Two place settings could do. Maybe add a beautiful center piece.
4. Declutter and make sure that places that tend to collect clutter are cleaned and cleared off. Some places to pay extra attention to are counter tops (both kitchen and bathroom), refrigerator (on top and remove magnets), table tops and fireplace mantels and laundry room shelves. Remove some furniture and make each room easier to move around in. This will make the rooms seem larger.
5. Bring the beautiful outdoors in. Place some fresh flowers on the coffee table or on the dining room table. Perhaps place a small bouquet in the bathrooms. If you can collect them from your own yard that would be great but if not, you could purchase them from your local grocery store.
6. Freshen up your front porch and front door. Most home sellers forget about their front door as many of us enter from our garages. Is the front door in need of some cleaning or perhaps a fresh coat of paint? Does the porch need to be cleaned and decluttered? How about the walk way to the door, is it clear? Consider placing a pot of fresh flowers near the front door. Clean the porch light.
7. Curb appeal. The key to selling your home is getting people to come inside and view the home. When that potential home buyer drives up, what do they see? Make sure that your home stands out. Clean up the yard and the planters. Make sure the lawn is mowed. Buyers will make a decision about your home in the first 6 seconds or so. Let’s make sure they like what they see as they drive up and as they enter the foyer of your home. Make sure your drapes are open and the lights are on. We want your home to be inviting.
For more tips contact:
Pamela Glende 509 731-3302 email@example.com
Haven Real Estate Group