Saturday, December 14, 2019 / by Heather Schelling
Looking to attract those buyers that are up on the latest trends?
If you’re thinking about selling your home, keep in mind that most buyers have already seen several homes. Investing in today’s desirable features impresses buyers. They enjoy the convenience and benefits of the latest technology. Creating more practical and functional spaces are inviting. You want to do everything possible to entice the buyer to choose your home.
- Adding a few extra features can translate to a higher sales price and can set your property apart from the competition.
- A separate laundry room
- Energy efficient windows and appliances
- Programable ceiling fans and thermostats
- Ring doorbells
- Open concept floor plan
- A patio
- Exterior lighting
- Main floor full bathroom
- Less average square footage
- Smaller house with more amenities is better than just sheer size
- Outside site-built spaces for crafting, entertaining, reading or relaxing
- Raised garden beds
- Use of space…take advantage of open areas to create shelving or additional storage
When selecting upgrades, keep in the mind the location and style of the home. Buyers looking at newer homes almost expect to see some sort of new technology. Older homes with charm shouldn’t be updated in a way that takes away from its original characteristics.
Overall, buyers are looking for clean homes that show pride of ownership. If you’re not in a position to upgrade by adding the latest trends, don’t fret. Simply clean, organize, and take care of any unfinished projects. Buyers are generally pretty understanding of the condition as long as the home is priced accordingly.
Consulting a Realtor before you sell will help you decide which, if any, improvements could be made to maximize your home value.