Monday, December 16, 2019 / by Kylene Emery
Whether it’s smart home technology, a media room, indoor/outdoor flow or a large garage with internal access, convenience and comfort is the key. The more demand there is for a particular feature, the more value it will add to a property. Here are some of the most requested features by today’s buyers with some suggested ways to describe them:
Home buyers are increasingly looking for energy-efficient homes that offer healthier, cleaner living conditions, comfort and long-term saving. Features include energy-star rated appliances, insulation, solar panels, double glazing, rainwater collection, low energy lighting and green building design.
· Designed with energy-efficiency in mind
· Fitted with energy-saving appliances
· Incorporates numerous ecologically sustainable design features
· An environmentally conscious design
· Designed to maximize solar-passive performance
· Designed to take advantage of cross-ventilation and light
· Great environmental credentials
· High-performance glass provides year-round comfort
· Double glazing enhances acoustic and energy performance
· Modern energy efficiency has not been forgotten
Flexible floor plan / open layout
Open concept floor plans and flexible spaces in which to enjoy indoor/outdoor living are in demand. These floorplans offer connected living by incorporating multiple spaces to suit everyone in the family, whilst allowing people to flow to and from the heart of the home during gatherings.
· A floorplan with plenty of flexibility
· The floorplan offers vast living options
· A free-flowing, open plan layout
· Flowing interior with casual and formal areas
· The floorplan feels spacious and cohesive
· Chic open plan design with space to relax and entertain guests
· The floorplan offers vast living options
· Bright, open living spaces
· Each living zone flows into the next
· Open spaces abound in this contemporary family home
Natural light is an important consideration for buyers. When a home captures an abundance of it, competition can be fierce. A well orientated property with strategically placed windows will make the most of its environment. Making the best use of sunlight and winds will save on lighting, heating and cooling costs.
· The orientation of the home maximizes the use of natural sunlight
· The perfect aspect allows natural light to drench the interior
· A feeling of space and light pervades the home
· Awash with natural light
· Superb interplay of light and space
· This home offers the modern concept of natural light flooding through the home
Large open kitchen with island/versatile functions/butler’s pantry
Today’s kitchen is spacious and well-organized with a large island or countertop that doubles as an eating space. A modern-day butler’s pantry is a bonus.
· The kitchen’s large island unit can be used as an eating space, or somewhere to gather for cocktails.
· A large island bench dominates the kitchen and dining area
· A substantial island bench for gathering and entertaining
· The granite bench serves as both workbench and breakfast bar
· The kitchen’s island can function as a casual eat-in spot
· A butler’s pantry not visible from the kitchen provides extra storage and workspace
· The kitchen features a concealed butler’s pantry
· Tucked away behind a sliding door is a butler’s pantry to help keep order when friends and family visit
Built-in storage space has become one of the highest priorities on most buyers’ wish lists. Ample storage in a home allows belongings to be organized and clutter to remain out of sight. Built-in wardrobes, linen closets, garage cabinetry, a good-sized laundry and built-in bookshelves are all desired features of a home.
· Abundant cupboards and storage space
· As much built-in cabinetry as you’ll need in a lifetime
· Cleverly concealed storage
· Packed with design features and loads of storage, this home is geared for family living
· Storage is discreetly tucked away
· There’s an abundance of open and concealed storage options
· A floor-to-ceiling bookcase is an intrinsic feature of the room
· A generously proportioned laundry with broad countertop and plenty of built-in storage
· A dream laundry room
Smart home technology / home entertainment
Home automation controlled with a mobile phone, computer or tablet can make life just that little bit easier. Today’s tech-savvy generation of buyers are looking for a connected home that can automate daily tasks such as control of lighting, climate, security and entertainment systems.
· Fitted out with the absolute best in modern technology and conveniences
· A high-tech automation system
· Peace of mind is assured with the inclusion of Smart Home technology
· Smart-home technology controls lighting, security, entertainment and climate control
· Dinner guests will appreciate the external lighting with motion detectors
· This house is wired for sound – and more!
Indoor/outdoor living spaces
Today’s home buyers wish to incorporate usable outdoor spaces into their lives. Whether it’s a large deck, patio, terrace, or covered open-air room, a seamless flow between indoors and out via sliding, stacking, bi-fold or French doors is in demand. Outdoor features include fireplaces, built-in alfresco kitchens, barbecues, pizza ovens and ceiling fans.
· Designed to maximize the indoor/outdoor connection
· Indoor and outdoor areas bring versatility and ease to the living spaces
· Interiors extend seamlessly to the outdoor landscape
· Outdoor spaces enhance the internal/external connection to the home
· Stacking doors elongate the entertaining space by combining indoor and outdoor living into one vast area
· The home’s French doors cater to the modern necessity of ample light and indoor/outdoor flow
· The outdoor room expands the home’s living space
· This well-planned house allows a seamless flow between indoors and outdoors, ideal for entertaining.
· The outdoor living space is fitted out with fireplace, BBQ and pizza oven
· An enticing outdoor fireplace
Low maintenance landscaping
Spending hours on weekends mowing the lawn and standing out in the dark each night watering the plants eats into busy lives and precious leisure time. Today’s busy families are prioritizing lifestyle over being a slave to the gardens.
· Easy-care plantings for low-maintenance gardening
· A well-designed, low-maintenance garden
· Perfectly planted easy care gardens
· The informal garden requires minimal care and maintenance
· This low-maintenance home allows you to indulge your weekends in the city instead of the garden
Large master suite
There’s nothing more appealing than a master suite that doubles as a relaxing escape, with a well-designed dressing room, ample space for clothes, shoes, accessories and a well-equipped ensuite.
· The master suite includes a large wardrobe with built-in cabinetry and a sumptuous bathroom
· The elegant master bedroom complete with walk-in robe and ensuite inspires relaxation
· The master bedroom incorporates a private sitting area, walk-through closet and ensuite
· The roomy master bedroom suite has all the trappings of a five-star hotel
· The master bedroom suite offers space for more than just sleeping
· The opulent master suite offers generous floor space and an ensuite featuring dual sinks and a shower for two
· The emphasis is on total relaxation in the master bedroom suite
Double garage with storage/ internal access/remote control
A spacious attached garage is a common criteria for today’s home buyers, not just for their cars, but for extra space for storage, DIY projects, tools and ‘toys’. In particularly hot or cold climates, internal access and remote-control garage door is preferential.
· You’ll love the integrated double garage with internal access & remote-control door
· A secure two-car garage with internal access complements the façade
· The car accommodation consists of a double garage with built-in storage and internal access
· Internal access to the double garage adds extra security
· The oversized garage with remote control door is fit for a DIY king
· The huge garage doubles as a handy workshop
· The spacious garage is an ideal hangout for a DIY fan