Friday, October 25, 2019 / by Amanda Peckham
1. Clean Everything - You can hire a company to come in and do a deep clean. Doing this makes it easier to maintain in between showings. You want the home to be neat and clean any time of the day for potential buyers to see it.
2. Let the light in - You want your home to be light and bright as possible. Open all the blinds and curtains during all showings. If a room is in the basement make sure to have all the lights turned on.
3. Availability - When a buyer sees a home they like, they want to see it right away, especially in a competitive market. So you want to make sure your home is ready to show with little to no notice. For example if you require a 24 hour notice to see your home a lot of times a buyer will skip over that home.
4. Professional Photography - Photos are the first glympse a buyer is going to get of your home. You want them to draw them in and want to see more. I always hire a professional photographer for all my listings. A professional photographer will highlight the features of the home and take clean and clear pictures.
5. Extra Furniture and Clutter to Storage - Before you have the photographer come to take pictures you want to remove any extra furniture and clutter. You want your home to look open and big.
6. Neutral Colors - Ever walk into a house and they have a room that is bright pink or even better neon green. You would want to consider painting these rooms with neutral colors, they are inviting to potential buyers and present a blank canvas that they can do anything with.
7. Curb Appeal - Make the front of your home welcoming, this is the first impression the buyer will have of the home. You want to clean up the outside, put in some fresh potted flowers, pressure wash driveway, sidewalk, etc. Always leave the outside lights on, there is a good possibility that you will have showings at night and that potential buyers will be driving by at night.
8. No Personal Items - When a potential buyer walks into your home, you want them to imagine it with their family photos and items. So make sure to take down all personal photos and items.
9. Tell Everyone - Let all your friends and neighbors know that you are going to be selling. Post the link on your social media accounts.
10. Price it Right - Everyone wants to get the most for their home. With access to so much information, agents are able to really determine the current market value. A home that is overpriced tends to stay on the market longer and will potentially sell for much less.
I hope these tips were helpful.
Let me know if I can answer any other questions.